Vital Heart Response
- Study cohort: ST-Elevated Myocardial Infarction (STEMI) Patients from Edmonton, including patients who activated the pre-hospital Vital Heart Response system, and who may have been administered the anti-platelet therapies aspirin/clopidogrel or aspirin/ticagrelor during EMS response.
- Data analyzed includes entries in the Vital Heart Response Patient Registry, the Discharge Abstract Database (DAD), and patient electrocardiographic (ECG) data from the CVC ECG Core Lab
- These data have been used for several research projects, including the following:
- Describing contemporary use of novel anti-platelet therapies in patients with STEMI.
- Describing angiographic, clinical and electrocardiographic outcomes in patients treated early with aspirin/clopidogrel versus aspirin/ticagrelor, with and without percutaneous coronary intervention (PCI).
- CVC faculty involvement: Robert Welsh, Kevin Bainey, Paul Armstrong