The Canadian VIGOUR Centre (CVC) is an Academic Research Organization (ARO) committed to the enhancement of cardiovascular health. Our centre provides leadership in clinical trials of cardiovascular therapies from study design through to manuscript publication, as well as developing selected registries and informing clinical practice through insights gained from population health data. The CVC is anchored by a dedicated group of internationally-recognized thought leaders in cardiovascular medicine and clinical investigation, and supported by accomplished administrative and clinical operations teams, as well as experienced biostatisticians, data analysts and ECG Core Laboratory personnel.
CVC at a Glance
- The CVC was established in 1997 and is an academic centre at the University of Alberta
- The CVC has expertise in the areas of Phase II and III clinical trials, investigator-initiated studies, population-based research projects, and health economics and outcomes analyses
- Faculty members provide thought leadership for studies, promoting the translation of research into clinical practice
- The CVC is committed to quality and data integrity
- The CVC’s mentorship of medical students and other trainees allows the next generation of medical professionals to gain invaluable experience in the discipline of research