The VICTORIA study is a randomized parallel-group, placebo-controlled, double-blind, event-driven, multi-center pivotal phase III clinical outcome trial of efficacy and safety of the oral sGC simulator Vericiguat in subjects with heart failure with reduced ejection fraction (HFrEF).
The VICTORIA trial was presented as a Late-Breaking Clinical Trial on March 28, 2020 at the virtual American College of Cardiology’s 69th Annual Scientific Session Together With World Congress of Cardiology (ACC.20/WCC).
Resources and further information about the VICTORIA study can be found below.
Press Releases & Media
- Academic Research Organization Press Release
- American College of Cardiology Press Release
- Bayer Press Release
- Merck Press Release
- Interview with Drs. Peter Block and Paul Armstrong (ACC.org)
- VICTORIA: Vericiguat reduces events in high-risk HF (Helio -Cardiology Today)
- Vericiguat Cuts Admissions in HFrEF (MedPage Today)
- VICTORIA: Vericiguat seen as novel success in tough-to-treat, high-risk heart failure (Medscape)
- New drug could potentially offer better treatment for chronic heart failure (Folio)
- VICTORIA: With Vericiguat, Less CV Death, Heart Failure Hospitalization Among High-Risk Patients (AJMC)
- House Call: VICTORIA, ACC 2020 Recap (MD Magazine)
- Interview with Drs. Harriette Van Spall and Paul Armstrong (Radcliffe Cardiology)
Armstrong PW, Pieske B, Anstrom KJ, Ezekowitz J, Hernandez AF, Butler J, Lam CSP, Ponikowski P, Voors, AA, Jia G, McNulty SE, Patel MJ, Roessig L, Koglin J, O’Connor CM; VICTORIA Study Group. Vericiguat in Patients with Heart Failure and Reduced Ejection Fraction. N Engl J Med. 2020. doi: 10.1056/NEJMoa1915928.
Butler J, Anstrom KJ, Armstrong PW; VICTORIA Study Group. Comparing The Benefit Of Novel Therapies Across Clinical Trials: Insights from the VICTORIA Trial. Circulation. 2020. doi: 10.1161/CIRCULATIONAHA.120.047086.
Pieske B, Patel MJ, Westerhout CM, Anstrom KJ, Butler J, Ezekowitz J, Hernandez AF, Koglin J, Lam CSP, Ponikowski P, Roessig L, Voors AA, O’Connor CM, Armstrong PW; VICTORIA Study Group. Baseline features of the VICTORIA (Vericiguat Global Study in Subjects with Heart Failure with Reduced Ejection Fraction) trial. Eur J Heart Fail. 2019 Dec;21(12):1596-1604. doi: 10.1002/ejhf.1664.
Armstrong PW, Roessig L, Patel MJ, Anstrom KJ, Butler J, Voors AA, Lam CSP, Ponikowski P, Temple T, Pieske B, Ezekowitz J, Hernandez AF, Koglin J, O’Connor CM. A Multicenter, Randomized, Double-Blind, Placebo-Controlled Trial of the Efficacy and Safety of the Oral Soluble Guanylate Cyclase Stimulator: The VICTORIA Trial. JACC Heart Fail. 2018 Feb;6(2):96-104. doi: 10.1016/j.jchf.2017.08.013.