The CVC Scholar Program is a unique training initiative designed to advance research and further understanding of cardiovascular disease through the educational and financial support of the CVC. Trainees participating in this program will have the opportunity to collaborate with mentors from a wide variety of cardiovascular areas, and access the CVC’s large and comprehensive datasets. Trainees will also have the opportunity to take part in a variety of CVC activities and programs, including the Town Hall series, Distinguished Visiting Speaker events, and Lunch and Learn sessions.
- Provide supportive mentorship, research opportunities, and a collaborative research environment for early stage investigators in order to enhance both their research expertise and careers in cardiovascular medicine.
- Provide trainees with personal career support mentorship and prepare them for future careers in academic research.
- 1-2 year term, beginning July 2023
- Currently enrolled in or planning to pursue a master’s degree/PhD program or research fellowship for trainees in Canada.
- No clinical duties or clinical duties limited to a maximum of 8 weeks.
- The CVC recognizes that trainee personal support is required and important. There are resources for trainee personal/salary support within the UoA and the FoMD (e.g. Motyl Graduate Studentships in Cardiac Sciences, Ballermann Translational Research Fellowship Award), as well as with external peer reviewed agencies, and the CVC expects successful candidates to be competitive and apply for these opportunities. The CVC is willing to consider providing additional/parallel salary support for an appropriate candidate, on a case by case basis and consistent with their training.
- The application deadline for the July 2023 term has closed.
Thank you for your interest in the CVC Scholar Program! If you have any questions about the program or application process, please contact our administrative coordinator at email@example.com.